My rocket is not going up after build

my rocket doesnt move after build i mean i did whatever ben told me to do i might’ve re made the game a bit but the code is still the same can someone help?

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Try to remove the scene from the build settings list and readd it. Then build your game again.

If that didn’t help, please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a helpful error message in your browser console.

i built for pc and mac and i also didnt mention about “scene”? So i dont which scene you’re talking about but still thanks for responding and is there another solution perhaps?

You cannot build a game if there isn’t any scene in the scenes list in the build settings. Have you already taken a look at the manual?

oh, you mean in general im sorry i couldnt understood. Well it certainly made change and the rocket is moving now but the mainthrust much lower than it normally is. Do you know what might cause that?
@Nina

What happens if you make the window bigger or smaller? Is the speed of the rocket different?

If so, try the following:

1. Rename Update() to FixedUpdate() in your code.
  2. Remove Time.deltaTime from FixedUpdate().
  3. Save the script.
  4. Test your game in Unity.
  5. If the game works fine in the editor, build it again.
  6. Test your build.

Did this fix it?

I couldnt change the window size in built game but in the editor everything is already fine. Should I still do these changes?

I changed it anyways but it lowered the mainthrust in the editor aswell so i deleted it

I don’t know what you did or deleted but if the mainthrust is consistent with my suggestions, all you have to do is to increase the mainthrust until you are happy with the result.

i changed fixed update back to normal update. And when i do play around with the thrust like the first i open it its normal but if i send send it to my friend same thing happens

Which version of Unity do you use? Maybe you’ll have to update.

And did you test what I suggested? Or did you just undo it after you noticed that the rocket was slower than before?

i did undo it after it didnt work out and im using 2019.4

That’s a heavily outdated version of Unity. In this course, Rick uses Unity 2021. Maybe you are experiencing a bug. If possible, please update to at least Rick’s version.

does updating unity make any changes on my project?

Yes, it does. That’s why it is a good idea to make a backup of your project before updating. Unity warns you before you update.

Make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

If the update breaks your project, you can simply retrieve the backup version.

ok i’ll try that thanks!

it opened the project without a problem but still the mainthrust is low

Have you already tried to increase the mainthrust value in the Inspector?

ok i did and it actually worked but i dont know if it going to work in other pc’s so i sent it to my friend if it doesnt work i’ll let you know. Thanks

i tested it and it worked! Thank you so much for your help

Privacy & Terms