My Rabbit Progress! :D

1 Like

I have been staring at this for a few minutes now and I keep seeing so many different possibilities! A Smurf’s foot and ankle for example… head and body of a duck… a fancy decanter… or obviously a fluffy bunny… keep us updated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Rob! :smiley:

1 Like

I had some fun with sculpting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Very cool :slight_smile:

Chocolate Bunny! :smiley: :chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Flufffy Bunny!

2 Likes

awww… hehe… chocolate bunny was funny :smiley:

This little guy is going to have problems hopping! :wink:

Bunny’s fur is looking a bit more natural

1 Like

1 Like

Lol, I can relate. Blender destroys my system every time I try to render something.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how long the final render will take… :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the one big drawback of Cycles. I love Cycles because of how flexible and powerful it is, but it is terribly resource intensive. Even a simple scene can take a long time to render if you want it to be noise free. For example, here’s a quadrant of a map I made for D&D (this was very much an experimental approach).

It’s about as simple as it gets: planes and simple shapes, and it still took close to an hour to render I think, or maybe a half hour, it’s been a while. You also should be able to see that the image is still quite noisy too. This is why I am really excited about the plans to improve Blender’s viewport rendering, so we can get good preview results without having to use offline rendering.

1 Like

Yeah, cycles looks way better but takes three times as long compared to the default blender render.

Yeah, I heard about the new update, I’m really excited! :smiley:

1 Like

That reminds me of some things I learned about the two renderers a year or two ago. Have you tried playing around with Blender Internal (BI) renderer’s more advanced settings, particularly reflections? Once you turn stuff like that on, you should notice a significant increase in rendering time. I did some research into this a while ago when I was much newer to Blender, and I found out that for comparable scenes with renders of comparable quality, the difference in render time between Cycles and BI actually isn’t that big, and in all cases that I’ve seen Cycles always had a better result (particularly with color, Cycles has much better color results). The takeaway from my research was that BI is very much faster than Cycles for simple cases, but you have to put in much more effort to get a high quality render out of BI and the rendering time required for BI increases significantly with it. I think this is the reason I ultimately switched fully to Cycles for all my renders.

Also the fur on your bunny is starting to shape up nicely. It’s looking better and better every post. I’m still on the chess section currently. For the bunny, are you using Blender’s hair editing tools?

Thanks! Yes, I am using blender’s hair particle system :smiley:

Privacy & Terms