My low poly dungeon

So this is gonna be my thread for my low poly dungeon scene/level, I’m gonna keep it updated as I go. :smiley:

Barrels(Cycles):

Crates(Cycles):

Pillars(I made a couple of variants - Eevee):

8 Likes

Looking good items to start with.

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

I made walls, for all the pillar variants. Probably gonna do the same for the doors, doorways, and corners.

Variant 1:

Variant 2:

Variant 3:

Variant 4:

4 Likes

Made a doorway, I tried to add a good amount of character to it. I may have went a little overboard. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Update time!

So, I limited myself to a total of 6 hours for modeling props and stuff for the dungeon, I’m really happy with what I’ve come up with.

Floor tiles:

Props:

The layout (I have yet to do the materials and torches, but I just couldn’t wait to share, so do forgive the lighting):

Room 1:

Room 2 / walkway (Gonna try to put lava under the bridge):

Room 3 (The treasure room, gonna have a portal in the back right of the room):

I plan on animating a camera to walk around at eye level when I have all the materials and lighting done.

A thank you to the whole community here, I’ve learned so many things thanks to this community. Every time I’ve needed the inspiration to keep going, this community has given it.

7 Likes

Looking good so far. With that bridge, are you intending two floor levels? Have you made a set of modular steps? I see barred floor gratings which must be above a ‘something’.

Would that chest have got through the doors? Perhaps it will be scaled down yet.

1 Like

You ask all the right questions my friend! I will fix the chest for sure. Now the other floors are a little out of scope for me right now, gonna revisit for sure, just gonna fill it with lava for now. I wanna move on to sculpting, finally put this XP-Pen to good use.

2 Likes

Update time! A finished project (sorta).

Animating a camera on a curve was a little different, shoulda made it a bit better. I wanted to do a 720p render, but I forgot to change the resolution before I let it render through the night, oopsie.

4 Likes

amazing! Well done.

1 Like

thank you! :heart:

I feel like I’m finally taking some good steps into game development! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Try importing it now to game engine and see how it looks there! :slight_smile:

Btw. for me scale is still off (but that might be also effect of fish eye you choose for the camera).

1 Like

While I do want to, I’m doing the character course now. So when I rig a character that I’m happy with and get it workin in unreal, I’ll definitely throw them together in unreal. the boxes and barrels may be a bit big compared to the walls too along with the camera really being off lol.

2 Likes

Good video walkthrough. Of an open air maze. :grin:

No roof, not a dungeon!

true lol, this project will definitely be revisited :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Curiously enough, there is such a thing as “open air dungeons”… weird I know, but they do exist.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms