My levels and some challenges I faced

Hoh boy where do I even begin here? Well, I added a lot more functionality to my player and tried to incorporate those. but at this point, my script is such a mess that changing different states is buggy at times. But well, these are my levels and some of the monsters/hazards

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

And these are some of the closeups of the monsters

If you’re wondering what all the player can do, these are some of the abilities the player has
-Run
-Fire arrows (both in air and ground and I also made it so that there is a small nocking bow animation before the arrow is fired)
-a Slide (kinda like the megaman slide but hoh boy is it buggy. And no matter how much I tuned it, I simply couldn’t get the collision box to be the right size so that I can actually slide under obstacles)
-Crouch
-Climb up ledges (This is quite buggy as well, many a times, it becomes possible to clip through walls because of how the climb action is defined. Essentially I teleport the player one unit in the x and y direction depending on the direction)

Apart from that, I added BGMs for each level and also added sound effects for the enemy, as well as an enemy health option so that the enemy doesnt just die in one hit. And of course the enemy movement is also a little buggy, as you can see, they dont turn back on detecting an edge. But they do turn when sensing a wall. You can see all of the stuff I talked above in this short clip.

I probably spent too much time on these fixes and should’ve probably just focused on the actual game. Still, this was quite a lot of fun!!

8 Likes

Very detailed post. Great job! Keep it up

Great work. The creature design is really great and I love the extra touches with the crouch camera and 3 hit kills.

nice animations! I like the spinning jump on the player.

What a fantastic demo! You really have a future here! I can really see the effort you put into all of this!

Keep up the good work.

Thank you!!

Thank you so much! It was indeed interesting to add in those mechanics since it didn’t take too much work to make the gameplay more polished

Thanks! It was too bad I didn’t know about blend trees to really make it more polished :sweat_smile:

Thank you so much!! My final aim is to enter the game development industry, so this makes me optimistic! It was really interesting, so all that effort was well worth it😃

cool! well done you, i’ve just started a Unity course, 4 days now, i’ve got a lot to learn, lol xxx jess

Thank you!! Keep going, I felt the same way you did when I first started out, thinking how much I had left to catch up to when I looked at the works done by others😆 But you’ll get there eventually too!

1 Like

One day - but I’ve got a lot to learn. Joke - There were 2 fish in a tank and one turned to the other and said, " How do we drive this thing?" xxx jess, thanks

Privacy & Terms