My Levels an issues

For whatever reason the character keeps getting caught up in invisible walls but when I checked my platforming layer and isolated it from the others it showed no stray collisions so I’m not sure what’s happening.

Also I didn’t put too much time because I knew I wanted to create at least 3 levels from the original SMB3 and the issues plus I want to finish some other aspects.

2 Likes

Wow I really love your level design. Did you make all the game art?

Don’t know what collision problems you’re having exactly, but what you may want to consider, if you have different colliders on different pieces of ground, or on obstacles, Unity can struggle with moving from one collider over to another, and have seams that stick. Use a composite collider to fix issues like that.

1 Like

Huh? Of course not… I guess from now on I’ll have to note that all art here is credited to people from spriters resource who extracted these and made it easy for others to use them. These are all extracted from the original games and were carefully organized by these people

I am using composite collider for the platform tile map though. I don’t recall how to smooth out the seams in the level geometry.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms