My game doesn’t load the next level after building it?

Is that the zipped size? I’ve just “Added it to my drive” and it shows as 93MB, perhaps it hasn’t finished uploading or is corrupt?

The file isn’t right. It just tried to virus scan it before downloading it, via Google Drive, and that failed too.

You might need to re-upload it I think.

No actually it’s 224 and 93 after zipped.it works fine for me.when I click the link… It starts loading after some time
Ok I’ll reupload it and send u the link

Ah… ok, I’ll try again then, definitely seems to be problematic though :frowning:

Ok, it seems to be working now… that was very odd… never had that with Google Drive before, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 409 error before… lol… I have the zip file now… give me a few minutes to open it and take a look. :slight_smile:

When I zip it shows size as 97 but when I upload in drive it shows 93 is this a issue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMzTtfjs_-LHxJAg3Ws3y95n9NaPvyl9/view?usp=drivesdk

Reuploaded it

Will try again.

This is looking more positive, I’m seeing the usual screens now via Google Drive - fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Hope it works :sweat_smile: btw thanks for Ur patience

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Unzipping now.

Thank god.help me with this… Struggling more than a week

No worries, just opening project now, I have a different Unity version so it’s just doing a update (your project, not Unity).

What exactly is it that you think detects the end of the level? I see all of the obstacle GameObjects, if I click on the highest numbered one (28) to try and get to where this level should end, I don’t see anything else in that area that would indicate some form of trigger collider or similar? Am I missing something?

Oh hang on, its something to do with the canvas isn’t it… bear with me…

I think this is your problem. You have your end GameObject as a child of the canvas. The canvas is being drawn to the camera, as such I don’t think you’ll ever actually reach it, because you can’t “touch” it so to speak.

Updated Sat Sep 29 2018 22:31

Ok, give this a go;

• create a new empty GameObject in the Hierarchy in Level 1
  • set its Transform to 0, 3, 100. Rotation 0, 0, 0. Scale 1, 1, 1
  • name it “End”
  • add a Box Collider to it
  • tick the Is Trigger property of the Box Collider component
  • add your EndTrigger.cs script as a component
  • select all of your obstacle GameObjects and disable them (makes testing easier)
  • run the game

Your ball will now roll all the way along the track, hits the trigger, displays a message, loads the next scene.

To then tidy up, I’d suggest removing the “end” GameObject you have from the canvas. You also have an “end1”, not sure what that is, I didn’t check it out but if you don’t need it, get rid of it.

Don’t forget to re-enable all of your obstacles and save the scene.

You would then need to add a copy of the new end GameObject in the relevant location in each level.

Alternatively… if the only way to get a score is by travelling along the road, then you know that if they get a score of 99+ they have reached the end of the first level. You could remove the collider altogether and base progression purely on their accumulated score. Just a thought.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I see.so it was the mistake I didn’t notice.now what should I do.but how it runs fine unity editor then?

Ok I’ll delete the end and create a new end… And what should I do with canvas.is it not should be in camera?

I’ll try and update you.

Leave the rest of the canvas as it is for now, as you have the messages appear to the player, that all seemed ok when I tested it. It’s just that the thing you want to collide with was never going to be collided with :slight_smile:

Wow … Game works perfectly now… But when I finish the game,quit button appears but its not quitting when clicked. It showed
serializedobject target has been destroyed while testing in unity editor… was that a problem? https://pkgamers.itch.io/redd-vs-black

Hi,

I didn’t test anything other than the issue with the trigger for the end of level 1.

Regarding the quit button, is this behavior from testing within Unity or via the browser?

I used debug.log it shows when I press the button but when used in browser it is not working

That’s what I thought might be the scenario. You cannot close the users browser from a Unity game. You can still use Application.Quit but you may need to be more creative, for example, redirect the user to a feedback survey or to a portfolio of your other games or website. Or, just detect its a WebGL build and don’t show the button at all, let them close the game by closing the tab/browser.

You can see one of my previous replies on this matter here;

2 Likes

Oh I see.thank you so much for helping me.thanks for Ur patience

2 Likes

You’re very welcome Pramo, no problem at all :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms