My First Sculpting attempt

I just wanted to share for some feedback, had a lot of fun making this and would love to hear what i can improve on. I made this in a few hours

3 Likes

Welcome to this site.

That is a great first sculpting job.

Thanks a ton! Any tips? Im about to start a new one :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice first sculpt!
What sort of reference are you using? If it’s a specific person (and even if not), the more angles and variety you can get, the better :slight_smile:
It will help you learn all the different planes, shapes and curves of the face.

Put reference images in rear and side. As was done for rear with the chess references.

thanks! Totally forgot i could do that!

It was actually rick’s reference images but i kinda ignored them after i got the basic shapes. I’ll get some more reference images for my next sculpt and ill be sure to refer to them more!

1 Like

Reference is key, no matter how advanced the sculptor is :grin:

This was the first sculpt I ever did years ago, but I was closely following a tutorial, and it took more than a couple hours :wink:

geez, seeing your artstation now you made some serious growth, wow!

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
There were a number of years there for sure, and most of that stuff was rendered in Maya.
I’ve switched to Blender now and am really liking it.

Oh cool! Why did you switch to blender if i may ask?

1 Like

Quite simply because I no longer got Maya for free as a student :laughing:
But as it turned out I am feeling much more creative for several reasons in Blender than I ever did in Maya. I think both have pros and cons, and Blender has gotten exponentially better than it used to be.

Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

For sure! I’m pretty new to this community also, but I can recommend the character creator course, and also the weekly Blender collab is fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Was already planning on doing that one next so im glad to hear its good! The weekly collab sounds fun too!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms