My First Render Experiment in Blender 2.8 (Well Renders)

Hello and thank you for checking in, I just decided to upload my first renderings from the blender 2.8 courses to share my work with the course’s community as suggested by the instructors. Feel free to give constructive feedback which is technically one of the reasons I shared this.

4 Likes

Great job! I do have one comment; it seems like the roof is not proportioned right with the actually well itself, I think if you tweak it a little bit it will look even better.

1 Like

Actually, my first impression was to make the posts holding up the roof taller, otherwise anyone going to the well will have to bend over to get under the roof.

I concur with the previous replies. It is the roof height that is a little bit out. If you imagine the well wall coming up to a person’s waist. They are there to stop people falling down the well hole after all. Then they would struggle to walk under the roof.

I also think the tiles are a bit lacking in the reality of the bottom ends resting over the lower tiles, most of yours sort of blend into the lower ones.

However overall it is a very good well, we see far worse examples! The critiques above are in part recognising you have done a good overall job and concentrate on the finer details/issues. The overall effect is great. Beams nice proportions. Tiles watertight and ‘randomised’ out of geometric exactitude, and with some random slight colour variation. Clean simple balanced lighting. Neat proportionate well bricks, properly alternate course rotated.

1 Like

Thank you for your attention and suggestive feedback, I’ll try to fix the model as suggested about the roof’s height. Stay safe and have a great day.

Here I two more rendered images of the well, but this time I adjusted the roof’s height as suggested to look realistically proportioned or at least close. As told, you can give constructive feedback to these images if you want. Thank you for giving me your attention.

2 Likes

Much better. The proportion between roof and well are more realistic now. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback that allow me to fix this model. Stay save and have a great day.

Privacy & Terms