My first progress video for my penguin horse racing RPG

So far all i’ve got is a basic intro scene. I’m approaching my development in a bit more linear of a fashion but still being thorough and going through the course in order. I am really excited with finally getting enemies that die!

2 Likes

What a fantastic idea! Are you keeping the snowballs?

Reminds me of old N64 era platformers :slight_smile:

Great work!

Thanks for checking it out everyone! Work has been killing me lately so no new progress but soon I am taking a whole week off to work on my game. I should have another update in a month or so.

@Brian_Robson no those are just default unity capsules. He has a sling shot in his hand which he’s gonna get from the first quest, and that’s gonna be his main weapon for a little while at least. I haven’t totally thought through how to make combat engaging, but I’m sorta thinking the main premise/challenge will be that the character is slow but can use a combination of traps and quick evades that will provide some space to safely use ranged weapons. I did make a decent slingshot animation for him but I renamed the joints and it broke all the default animations so I’ll need to fix that soon.

At this point I need to finish the quest system and inventory system, then i’ll work more on combat and adding content/building out the intro level. I might skip ahead to some of the horse racing mechanics since those are going to be the main thing I want to be fun and engaging, with the questing and fighting letting you build up the resources you need to get a stable of fast horses.

Privacy & Terms