My first level in Project Boost

So I managed to create a first level following the course and there is my teeny weeny rocket, I noticed in the 3D tab there was terrain so had a bit of a play around with that, really like the way on materials you have a metal slider to make the ship look shiny and metallic to.
Also went on a little adventure on how to set a background and ended up downloading a free skybox set from the Unity store to add a spacey sky. I could do with learning about the lighting as the shadows just don’t feel right, after finishing the 2D unity course I am really loving the 3D course :slight_smile:

For the second level I didn’t get overly adventurous, I removed the Terrain and added floor, ceiling and walls to give it a feel of being in space in a not so over exciting cargo bay :slight_smile:

After finishing this game on the course I was just trying to think on what else you could do in it, so trawling through the 2D course in Tilevania I got the idea to add a cinemachine camera which opens up so much to being able to have a longer level, also you can go in any direction with the levels.
Want to add some pick ups maybe rocket parts or fuel pods.

1 Like

Using the cinemachine I made a multi platform level and it works really well when set up to follow the rocket, but alas I want to keep going on the course so on to Argon Assault woooo.

I think it looks awesome! I’ve only just got to looking at terrain and changing the skybox with argon assault but even yours looks more detailed and tailored than mine ha! Your Project Boost makes me think of a toy box too. Like the towers could be book shelves :stuck_out_tongue:

I did try and look for your live game. Have you uploaded it? Would love to give it a try.

I have left it for now uncompleted as a come back to, just pushing through the course and maybe pick up more ideas to add to it on a re-visit :slight_smile:

After Reading your comment it got me interested in the project boost game again :slight_smile:

So I Tried a fresh approach and created a house and made the enemies bees which with the oscillator script made them move around. Having done the 2D and 3D Beginner Unity courses this was the first time I had bought anything rather than use free assets, I bought a furniture pack for around £10 but that saved soooo much time. Still need to do the attic and stairwell and maybeee a basement possibly with spiders instead of bees down there.
I used the cinemachine on this to which is zoomed in and follows the rocket and you get to see small portions of the other rooms as you move around.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms