My Comic Book Inspired , Rather Violent Block Breaker

Play it here ----- https://sharemygame.com/@KaininAble/block-breaker

Managed to implement a few features from the next tutorial on, recommend to play with sound, its funny until it gets annoying I promise! :smile:

There’s temptation to spend lots more time on it but I really want to move on with the course. I really should make the ball stick to the paddle when you lose a life though. Sorry about that!

I included a ‘shunt’ feature to get out of boring ball loops, on a 5 second cool down so you can’t abuse it.Could be considered cheap by some but it solves a couple issues so is good enough for now.

Background was googled (Is this frowned upon?), sound effects from opengameart.org, blocks and paddle by Buddy Webb.

Cheers!

13 Likes

Ah just seen your entry, this is really cool! Love the sound and the blood splatters are awesome! I also like the option to reset the ball’s motion with a click, that’s really smart. Was a bit fast for me so I couldn’t make it past the 3rd level, but that’s probably more due to my being terrible at fast paced games :smiley: Great job, very fun.

1 Like

Thanks mate! Really appreciate you taking the time to check it out and for the feedback.

It could probably do with a ball speed tweaking from level to level, some fine tuning from extended play testing in general but I’m eager to move on and see what else I can come up with next time around. After all, its always just going to be a block breaker game, but its been great learning from it.

1 Like

The comic world is a great idea. The design is grand and the “slap in the face” actually hurts.
The gameplay is good yet, as Kainin said, a tiny bit too fast.
I didn’t notice any boring ball loops. Just at the end, the “quit” button didn’t work.

cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out, means a lot!

I’m glad you enjoyed the theme, kind of stumbled into it despite Ricks solid advice to pick something and stick with it. It’s not particularly elegant (lol) but it made it easy to look kinda cool!

Yeah I noticed the quit button didn’t work, was slightly annoyed but thought leave it and learn to check all my buttons before uploading next time! Thanks for bringing it to my attention anyway.

Haha wow I like the fast-paced, over-the-top game feel! Didn’t expect the music :slight_smile:

I read it’s your first ever game? Nice job, I think it’s a great start!

This is so goood !! Love the artwork and the sounds go humorously well :smiley:

Thanks Lorraine, appreciate the comment and its great you enjoyed the game so much!

I feel like there could have been quite a few additions to take the game further but wanted to move on, but I’m very glad you enjoyed what I came up with.

Haha, glad you enjoyed it, I was happy when I found the sounds and managed to mix them up to give it some life!

As I said before, I just stumbled upon the design and it seemed to fit nicely with potential to add even more, but I wanted to continue the course and so left it where it was.

Thanks for the comment!

Privacy & Terms