My Car/Question

I know I’m barely into this and this may be an advance question but is there a way to get a “general” light where there aren’t heavy shadows on the objects?

2 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the community!

There are multiple ways too modify the shadows, some are way too advance and use another language, and others you’ll see later in the course, I’ll just name a few, the first you can try it out and actually I suggest you play a little bit with it.

• Right click in the Hierarchy, Opens a menu, go to Light and select whatever you like, this will add a new light to your scene, play with the light’s rotation, position and type, have some fun.
  • Modify the “global” light settings, you’ll be taught how to do that later in the course, not sure when exactly, maybe during the Argon Assasult section or maybe until the last section, the FPS.
  • Shaders, you can use Shader Graph which isn’t covered in the course because it’s way too advance for it, you can also write your own shaders which is even more advance because you’ll need to learn CG/HLSL, a completely different coding language, that’s why this isn’t covered, it’s also super math heavy so I highly recommend you don’t mess with that if your math isn’t great, also a deep understanding on how things are rendered is… maybe not required but it surely helps a lot.

Privacy & Terms