My Bridge (Duplication Challenge)

I decided to make a bridge for my duplication challenge, down to the supporting structure underneath. I know that I have a lot to improve upon, but I think it turned out well for the first project.

6 Likes

Good looking sturdy bridge!

Welcome to this site.

1 Like

Welcome to the site,

Nice curve in the bridge, and I notice that there is some hidden work underneath. Did you do some detail under there? If so, maybe you could post a picture of that here.

To my mind the bridge is reminiscent of a Roman one. Switch out what I assume to be wooden panels with stone blocks and it would be complete :slight_smile: . But only reminiscent, it needs not be one.

Certainly, Iā€™m glad to post the underside of the bridge. @Zangk

6 Likes

Awesome job =0

1 Like

A decent bottom. If you could, I would suggest seeing if you can find some reference pictures for the bottom.

For some reason I think there should be two parallel beams stretching the bottom to support the top. I may be wrong though. I purposefully looked at various wooden bridge reference pictures and the only conclusion I could get was: it depends on the length and material of your bridge. Yet two supporting beams running parallel underneath from left to right seem more natural to my eye.

I am no bridge maker though, and my ignorance and what is natural to my eye does not detract from your bridge. I will look forward to seeing it coloured.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms