My Brick Breaker

[English is not my main language, so there can be some typos]

This was really fun! I’m learning a lot. Some notes about decisions/additions:

• The ball’s velocity grows as Ben said to, but I chose to reset it if it’s too fast. I think that because of this the vertical loop still happened sometimes. It worked for me to just put two invincible bricks in the upper corners.

• It isn’t very noticeable but there is ~4 sound effects (from the same source) per collision type, to vary a little.

• I’ve added a life system that resets in each level. It was causing bugs but hopefully it’s okay now.

• I wasn’t so happy with the particle system so I’ve minimized it. Couldn’t find a better solution.

• I’ve searched for fading in/out tutorials and implemented it, but it doesn’t work as I would like (it seems it only fades in). Will keep trying to solve it in the next project.

There is more that you’ll see if you play. I don’t have any experience with these kind of games so I’m not sure if the levels works, but I’ve tried to keep it simple and make the progression feels natural. For me the web build lag a bit at the beginning.

Click here to play

Would love feedback and suggestions!

Edit: I’ve updated it with Artun’s suggestion at Udemy

4 Likes

This is great! Good job!

1 Like

Good job. You fixed the blocks that respawn :slight_smile:

Great work on this! Lots of nice additions to the design, great art, and chill music. Well done!

Very nice setting :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms