My bathroom in progress

So far I have a sink soap dispenser and floor texture

5 Likes

Good Work!

1 Like

I really like the addition of the liquid soap.

1 Like

Thanks, it took a lot of perfecting, the soap. After learning about the layer weight node last night, I’ve improved the material on the cap, so that it’s more like the real thing

2 Likes

It is very nicely done!

1 Like

Added window, cupboard, environment texture and other textures

3 Likes

It is coming alone quite nicely!

thanks, next will be the radiator (underneath the window) I think.

As promised, bathroom with added radiator

2 Likes

Fantastic work, why not Sketchfab embed so we can look around?

1 Like

Great Job, Stephen! Your bathroom turned out very nice.

1 Like

Here’s a sketchfab URL, couldn’t get the materials quite right in Sketchfab and the UV mapping isn’t right, but it’ll do

3 Likes

I had issues with Sketchfab as well last time I tried to post something. Did you post it via the Sketchfab add on in Blender? I don’t know if that will solve the materials issue or not. I am not that familiar with Sketchfab.

I uploaded the .blend file directly to the Sketchfab website, then went in and edited it, because it looked awful. It knew what faces were assigned to each material and I had named my materials well, so it was just a case of selecting the material from a drop-down list and changing the colours/values. The biggest problem is the texture mapping, I didn’t see a way to fix that.

Maybe experiment with the Sketchfab exporter in Blender. Maybe it will keep your materials intact? Just go to the add ons in User Preferences and enable it.

I feel at home.

1 Like

I’ve since added a door, coving around the bottom of the walls and yesterday found out about Filmic Blender, which gives a more accurate colour reproduction making it look more realistic, I think it’s worked well, especially on the floor and walls

3 Likes

Stereosphere render 3000 samples took 13 hours to render! It looks great if you’ve got a Google Cardboard headset (or other VR headset)

3 Likes

You can get the 3D effect by making “binoculars” with your fingers, carefully ensuring each eye only sees its corresponding half of the photo, and then crossing the eyes like in those pictures of randomness that turn into a dolphin or UFO or whatever. Though it still looks like a curvy ultra-wide-angle lens.

1 Like

Maybe, some technical info on how you did this?
I’m very interested.

Privacy & Terms