My ape warrior blockout

(bad English alert!)

Hi :slight_smile:

I started this course 5 months ago. When I got to sculpting it very frustrated me, because it was hard and very different from hard surface modelling. I gave up on finishing my character and focused on some other blender related stuff. Recently I tried to sculpt for fun and after gaining some confidence I returned to the course. Scupltig this gave me a lot of satisfaction :smiley:

If you now struggling with scuplting then don’t give up! For me it was a good idea to start with something simpler (like a skull) because a full character is really hard (for me especially the limbs and proportions).

Good luck, have fun and don’t be too critical of yourself :muscle:

4 Likes

Also, Merry Christmas! :gift: :gift: :gift:

1 Like

I recognize this feeling of wanted to make progress, but at that moment you got stuck.
It is all part of the learning journey!.
I also stopped sometimes a project, doing other things just to renew energy with certain fun and easy projects. And then returning to an old one. You need to improve your skills on ALL levels of Blender.

A lot of students start with Blender with the idea to do great stuff after the first chapters. Then they need to overcome many, many Blender problems. Then they start asking how to do this or that. No problem to ask, but it’s better to proceed in the course and learn other aspects of Blender. So you can see why or how to solve problems on your own. At that takes time.
So many times the advice is given to do a lot of smaller projects. Because it takes practice to learn Blender. Learn from others, ask good questions, see many vid’s on the web. Do low poly, do high poly … make Blender UI your own. Learn hotkeys etc.

And above all, just have fun in what you are trying to do!

3 Likes

Looking a great Ape!

Well done persevering and coming back to sculpting again.

1 Like

Good One.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms