Muffled sound on upload

Hi,

The sound of my game sounds a bit more muffled when publish/local when compared to the version I was building on Unity?

The keystrokes just sound more muffled and not a crisp? Any ideas?

Hi,

To be honest, I have no idea what the reason for this problem might be. Which version of Unity do you use? And have you already tried to restart Unity?

Also please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a helpful error message in your browser console.

Last but not least, check the sound settings of your operating system. Maybe the volume for your browser is lower than the volume for Unity.

Hi Nina,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am using 2018.4.30f1 just because on the course they were using 2018. It only happened when I put the game into a ZIP folder. I will try and ZIP again today and see if it is any better

Thanks

What exactly do you mean by that? Did you unzip the fie before you opened it in Unity?

If you want, you could test your project in the latest stable version of Unity. Before you do that, make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

Sorry, what I mean is when I play in the game in the Unity editor the sound is quite crisp and nice. Then when I put the game into a ZIP folder to upload to Itch the sound becomes a little bit more muffled and not so crisp, it’s not a huge problem but just wondering if other have experienced an issue like this

Here is the link to the game https://xtremejam87.itch.io/h4ck0rz
The sound is there but can you notice any difference in the sound compared to the sound in the tutorial videos from Ben?

Unfortunately, I cannot hear any sound. What sound did you expect to hear and when exactly?

I’m using a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX blue switches. If the sound is too subtle, it might be that I’m missing it.

Privacy & Terms