Mouse vs TouchPad + Pen

Hi all,

I’ve recently enrolled into both Unity and blender courses (without programming & designing background). I am currently running on a Macbook Pro 13".
I have not started the blender course yet. Given that i am on a tight budget, i am considering to get either a mouse or a touchpad + pen. Any recommendation (welcome brand recommendation as well)?

Personally, if you’re just going to be modeling, I would definitely go for a 3 buttoned mouse. The 3rd mouse button is almost a must, as it is used for navigating around the scene, and would be a lot harder without it. If you plan to be creating your own textures though, a touchpad may be more effective for that. But either way, I would recommend getting a mouse over a touchpad.

1 Like

I am using Mac Desktop usually but, when I use my MacBook Pro 15" I use a 3 button wireless mouse (I think it is Logitech) to use in Blender but never tried using a pen with it. It would be nice to see a light version of Blender for iPad Pro. I do like the new iPad Pro 12.5 inch and the Apple Pen and would like to see what you could do with it for Blender. If you do drawings and such would recommend both. Is a $6.00 program called Pro Create that is great for art work and can use the iPad Pro easily using AstroPad to communicate between iPad Pro and Photoshop on desktop.

1 Like

Thanks Alex !
The texture part really ring a bell… ended up getting a mouse n a track pad from wacom (Intuos Draw) … lowest spec better than none right ? lol…

Thanks. Just starting out in this and not sure how far i can go. Hence, couldnt afford much in investing on the gadgets. Ipad Pro and apple pen is indeed lovely but they are way beyond my budget (not going to change my ipad air so soon till i created a Game!) .
Anyway, I managed to get both logitech G502 and a Wacom Intuos Draw at the same price for a apple pen =X ~

All the best!

Nice! I understand just starting out and need to budget, scrimping and saving up…been there done that…still do that! I needed something that was more all-in-one and would work with my small workspace so purchased the Apple pen and ProCreate since I already had the iPad pro for work. I had looked at the Draw and Art by Intuos and they look cool.

Congratz on your purchases! Good luck on getting your game out there!

Such kind of errors similar to iTunes error 3194 may generate after making an update in an iOS-based system. The users face these issues regarding any Apple based server issues may take suggestions from this mentioned site.**

Privacy & Terms