Modular Vehicle Desert Canyon Scene

Just a small scene and selection of my Modular Vehicles. I enjoyed setting up the final scene which I hope portrays a sense of what might be lurking just off screen to the left.

Procedural Sand Blender Tutorial - Ryan King Art

20 Likes

If you mirror this screen, does it give your still the same feeling?
Is it better or worse …?

2 Likes

Nice models and well set up showcase scene.

1 Like

These are looking great!

1 Like

Thanks folks…

A bit confused with @FedPete’s mirror comment, but I think it’s humour that’s just lost on me :thinking:

Sometimes it helps to mirror the illustration to see if it still works, the composition.
We read from left to right, which is interpreted as positive.
See a cartoon walking from left to right is seen as positive.
Your tanks are pointing to the opposite side. A negative view.

4 Likes

Ah yes, I see what you mean - but in this case, they are attacking the West :grimacing:

Edit: I tried the flipping (left to right) - and it’s doesn’t look as good in my opinion. I was conscious of my character (vehicle) placement from the outset and I think they work well positionally and scale-wise.

I’d like to have added more but I think it’s easy to underestimate the power of empty space in a scene, particularly one that is quite zoomed in.

3 Likes

Oooh - I feel so violated

1 Like

@Marijus : I believe in the good intentions everybody has on this forum. Giving feedback on several topics trying to improve someone else his work. And yes showing an image is sometimes more expressive than a lot of words in a strange language (me included).
But not everybody likes to have his/her work modified and reposted. We really appreciate the feedback given by all the students (including you). But for some of us, changing, modifying existing work - even with the best intentions - isn’t appreciated by some of the students.

I would like to ask you to remove the example image.

Nice models & nice Scene…

1 Like

Now I read Josa’s response as humour. Not offended.

It is a perennial problem of different language uses native and learnt to varying fluencies, and the limitations of text.

Yes perhaps to be very defensive, it may be better to ask “may I manipulate your image to show what I mean”.

Certainly feel all here have good intentions in their reactions to any post. Even when critical, it is critical with a purpose of new perspectives and ways of looing at and doing things.

4 Likes

Yes my comment was light hearted.

I think we need to be a little aware of modifying another’s efforts, regardless of intention.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms