Modern Kitchen First Draft

Hi All,

I just finished the first draft of a modern kitchen that I’ve been working on. I modeled, textured and lit everything myself. Critiques are welcome. Enjoy!

Modern_Kitchen_v1

14 Likes

Beautiful man. Love the shadows from the trees and the walls textures.
The wood textures maybe need a higher resolution for when viewing full size

1 Like

Looks great, very photorealistic. Belnder is just fantastic at archviz. I like the speckled light in the kitchen unit and just the light in general

1 Like

Thank you! Is there anything else that sticks out to you as just being off or that could easily be improved?

Thank you! I wasn’t sure how easy the dappled light was to read but I wanted to include it. Anything look off or like a rookie mistake to you?

Honestly, I’m no expert on archviz design but this to me looks great.

If I was to say anything at all, the only thing that takes away from the photorealism is the fact it looks a little too clean. Perhaps adding some light dust effects or finger mark roughness on some of the more shiny surfaces would add even more realism but to me this is very well done.

I tend to like artwork that has had some time put into it and the things around the kitchen you also had to model so it’s those little things that all add up. Great work

1 Like

Since you asked I took another look :smile:
I’m far from being an expert too, but I find that the drawers and doors need handles right? Otherwise it can be hard to open them.
This should be easy to add :wink:

Btw just out of curiosity, did you model everything yourself? Oven, coffee machine…
They look really good!

1 Like

Good eye! The reference I used didn’t have handles on the cabinets because I believe the kitchen used handless cabinets but I’ll put some in in the final image just to eliminate any confusion. I modeled everything from scratch. Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated!

Critiques? Why someone should critique this? It’s really good.

1 Like

Ah! If it’s handless by design it was my mistake and you can just leave as is then!
Still, I find it easier to open cabinets that have handles lol

1 Like

Marvelous kitchen, congrats.
Peter J.

1 Like

I took some advice and made some changes. This is it for this scene. I learned a lot and I’m excited to get started on the next project. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and especially to those who commented and critiqued.

Cheers,
Brandon

5 Likes

Wow you changed disposition of the stuff A LOT, and also the Lighting… Think I prefered the lighting of the first version but this is also very good.

The wood texture 10/10 :wink:

The cheese, honey stuff, the wine chalice, the dirty plate to the side, the led displays…
Just fantastic!

Think you just forgot to apply Smooth Shading to the handles of the Fridge, but well could be like this on purpose too so no problems there!

Out of curiosity how much time it took you to make all this?

1 Like

Love it, love it! Attention to detail is fantastic. Even down to the olive oil label. Great job!

1 Like

I do miss the bar in front of the window, now I don’t see any bar to attach a leash to :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
All jokes aside! Awesome models, one of the most photo-realistic kitchen models I’ve seen so far, only small point of critique would be the lighting in the newer one. It does miss the warmth of the sun in my opinion.

1 Like

Wowza

Privacy & Terms