Missing Videos

After the intro vid, it’s right to the enemy, seems to be missing videos that introduce the action, turns, and so on.

Presuming you mean the Turn Based Strategy course? @CodeMonkey can help if you list the thread to ‘unity-strategy’

1 Like

If it is related to my course then some more lectures were added about an hour ago, I can currently see all the lectures up until the Enemies section, the entire Actions section is there now.

If you don’t see it maybe it’s a caching issue, hit Ctrl + F5 to force the window to refresh.

There’s a widespred forum issue with new posts on new videos - I’ve documented this issues here Update Animator in previous States to CrossFade as well - #15 by garypettie

So sum it up - if you post a new thread on a video that doesnt have any other threads, the correct video tags are not generated. It seems only admins or users with higher permissions are able to generate the tags.

@CodeMonkey To mitigate this issue untill its fixed - I think if you make a post (since you have admin rights) on a new uploaded video / lecture it would generate the correct tags. That would correctly label all future user posts on that video.

I have tagged the post, so it should appear under the video “Intro - Enemies & Combat”.
As @mihaivladan mentioned, we’ve run into a few issues with the automatic forum tagging, so I am currently looking into this with the team. Hopefully we should have it all resolved soon.

This course is still going through the release process, so expect new videos to be added frequently over the coming days. Once fully released, there will be 7 sections to the final course.

Under each video, you should see a ‘unique video reference’. The first number of that code is the lecture number for that particular section, so if you see any missing numbers or if they are in the wrong order then please let us know and I will address it asap.

Please accept my apologies if you have seen any videos being published in the wrong order. I will address this with with the team.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you enjoy the rest of the course.

1 Like

Hi,

Just to add to Gary’s statement here that its often helpful to us if you can change the drop down menu when creating a post to the “Ask” topic as the TA’s and myself use this tag to search for issues.
I realize that its not exactly a question but it does help us to find and get issues resolved faster and is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms