Missing C++ Classes Folder

Cannot see C++ Classes folder for Bull Cow Game. How do I get it back. C++ classes is checked off but it doesn’t appear.

Click the eye icon that says View Options in the bottom right of the content browser and select Show C++ Classes

I already tried that, but the folder did not appear. Any other ideas? Thx

Not really, could you show a screenshot?

I get this screen when I open the game.

Here is the eye menu with the checkboxes.

Any ideas?

Were you able to compile when you opened the project? Does your project have the Source folder?

I can’t find any source folder. How would I compile the project?

If you don’t have a Source folder then it sounds like it wasn’t extracted or downloaded properly. I suggest you try again.

I downloaded the file again and when I opened it, I got this error message after I accepted a request to rebuild. Any thoughts on how to fix it on a Mac running Big Sur?
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.17.46 PM 1

If you aren’t using UE 4.26 you will need to upgrade to that version.

If you aren’t please provide the logs for that project which are in
~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine
(Use Ctrl + Shift + G in Finder to go to that directory).

Opened it in 4.26.1 and it could not compile the file.
The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Xcode? Here’s the log. Any thoughts?

Running Mono…

Running bundled mono, version: Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.220 (2018-06/bb3ae37d71a Fri Nov 16 17:12:11 EST 2018)
/Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine/Binaries/Mac
Creating makefile for BullCowGameEditor (no existing makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for BullCowGameEditor
Running UnrealHeaderTool “/Users/ron/Downloads/BullCowGame-starter-kit-3 4.26/BullCowGame.uproject” “/Users/ron/Downloads/BullCowGame-starter-kit-3 4.26/Intermediate/Build/Mac/x86_64/BullCowGameEditor/Development/BullCowGameEditor.uhtmanifest” -LogCmds=“loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error” -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="/Users/ron/Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealBuildTool/Log_UHT.txt" -installed
Reflection code generated for BullCowGameEditor in 6.6756215 seconds
@progress pop
Building BullCowGameEditor…
[Upgrade]
[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
[Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
[Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
[Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/BuildTools/UnrealBuildTool/IWYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;’ in BullCowGameEditor.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
[Upgrade]
Performing 13 actions (5 in parallel)
[1/13] Compile SharedPCH.Engine.h
[2/13] Compile Cartridge.gen.cpp
[3/13] Compile BullCowGame.cpp
[4/13] Compile BullCowCartridge.cpp
[5/13] Compile Terminal.gen.cpp
[6/13] Compile Cartridge.cpp
[7/13] Compile BullCowGameGameModeBase.gen.cpp
[8/13] Compile BullCowCartridge.gen.cpp
[9/13] Compile Terminal.cpp
[10/13] Compile BullCowGame.init.gen.cpp
[11/13] Compile BullCowGameGameModeBase.cpp
[12/13] Link UE4Editor-BullCowGame.dylib
/bin/sh: /Applications/Xcode: No such file or directory

Could you try running this in a terminal?

sudo xcode-select --switch /Applications/Xcode.app

Fixed! Thanks for all of your help!!! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms