MiniQuest - That Heavy Darkness

Welp, here I go makin’ again…

Assignment stuff:
What is the theme?
Survival Horror

Find an image that sums up your game.

Art by Jess Mallegol-Hanson

Who is the player?
David; A relatively hopeless protagonist who is lost without his rescuer.

What is the player’s goal?
Find the gates of the Kingdom of Nero without getting caught.

Some explanation:
I told my friends about this class, and they all seem to think it’s pretty cool that I’m learning something new during all this craziness going on right now. One of my friends, who authors her own books, asked me to use her series as inspiration for one of my projects, and figured if she gave her blessing, there’s no reason not to.
The scenario is actually based on a part in Jess Mallegol-Hansen’s “OverWorld Escape”. The mostly useless at the time protagonist David chases after his rescuer, Jess. She brought him to a safe place to heal up, then leaves him behind to look for Nero’s kingdom. In the book, the travel to the kingdom is rather uneventful for David. I decided to re-imagine it to make things more perilous.

TL;DR:
My friend Jess challenged me to make my first Unity project based on a scene in one of her books, “OverWorld Escape”. I made one (with permission) based on the travel through dark, demon infested lands.

1 Like

This seems like a really cool concept! I hope to get to play it!

1 Like

Thanks. Here’s hoping I don’t disappoint lol.

Guess I’ll treat this thread as a project log to keep all my other class posts in one place.

Gameplay Diagram

Here is the finished UI.

Here’s my first build! :slight_smile:

https://sharemygame.com/@JohnnyThreeDee/that-heavy-darkness

Privacy & Terms