MidSection Challenge: WindPump

I was feeling kind of bad about my previous work. I have a very hard time getting inspiration when it comes to make whatever you like. I saw the farm scene and decided to build off of that and found a wind pump. The wind pump is all one object and can be duplicated. 7m high (primary support tower)

The shapes were pretty easy, Was able to make 1 main strut duplicate and rotate and then add support cross beams on side and duplicate and rotate more. Windpump fan blades are from a single cone cut down to like a 3rd of a cone face and then extruded out to make a whole shape. Useing to 3d cursor and setting it in the right spot duplicated and rotated. Feeling good about this one.

Edit: there’s some overlapping geometry I think that’s ok and the course will go over this later

7 Likes

Nice job.

Looks great! Good job!

This is not a problem for Blender.
In the beginning, I wanted to do everything mathematical correct. 10 digits precise as it were. Realism as a base. But Blender is very forgiving but also difficult. Because we can not emulate the real world in a simple application. There is some creativity involved to solve some aspects.

So learn Blender basic, see what it can do and how you use the functions. It will come to you and then you can create the things which you like to do now but can’t see where to begin.

Have fun, show us your progress. Ask questions, do the challenges.

Privacy & Terms