Mesh changes color

I have this odd issue. As seen in the supplied video some meshes with no difference other than location have different coloring (shading?). Can someone help me fix this issue? The asset pack is the free Medievil Dungeon pack found on the store. I am working on a mix of the courses to cement the course work.

Edit The picture are takes after a Lighting build.

Meshes change coloring

It’s harder to tell from the screenshots for me, but in the video is seemed to be related to the lightmass importance volume. If you don’t have one, drop one into your scene and encompass the entire scene with it. See if that changes anything. The volume itself also has many lighting properties to play around with for these effects.

The structure does have a Lightmass Importance Volume encompassing the area shown. Fixes I’ve seen online are reducing a world properties value to .1 which increases build times through the roof. I realize the ground floor isn’t done being built yet, but I’d like to get as close to my end lighting as I can. At least this doesn’t stop my world building, as I can incorporate any changes discussed here into the finished ground floor.

That would be auto exposure

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Rendering/PostProcessEffects/AutomaticExposure/index.html

Reading up on auto-exposure it seems to be an issue when upgrading from one version to another. The project was built in a single version 4.23.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms