Mayan Pyramid

Here’s my first pyramid render. Lots of things I’d like to improve, but I’m still quite happy with this. :relaxed:

I could get nice emission from the moon with Eevee but the shadows look better with Cycles.

6 Likes

Very nice scene.
Yes Cycles is always better. But Eevee is great for speed. The choices are always down to what your end objective is. Need big numbers of renders like animation and you like speed and a little compromise on quality. Or games are only going to be using Eevee like rendering in real time.

1 Like

Cheers!

But if you want your animation or game to be of the best quality, isn’t it best to wait for cycles? Maybe the modeling is just quickly done in blender with Eevee and then the quality is improved using another software? Because there’s a big difference.

I’m very interested in learning animation in the future. So I’d like to know more about the process of that. Hope it’s covered later in the course.

Yes the very beginning of animation is covered in the course.

Yes in a perfect world you would render all with Cycles or similar. In the end I guess it is down to budgets and possibly time schedules.

Wohoo, niiice!

Right, budgets and time schedules. Good point.

Privacy & Terms