Mayan pyramid and its guardian

As I was pondering what to add to my Mayan pyramid, I came across photos of the stone mask of the Mayan god Chaac at Mayapan. I thought I’d make a low poly model of it, taking some creative liberties with it, but it ended up looking a bit at odds with the even more streamlined design of the pyramid. Oh well, I’ve already spent enough time on it, it will have to do for now.

8 Likes

This is realy nice!
Are you experienced in 3D modeling or are you beginner?

1 Like

Good attempt at that complicated ‘stone mask’. Not at all bad all things considered. Certainly recognisable to the reference.

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind words! It’s not my first time, I’ve been dabbling in 3D modelling since the days of 3D Studio R4 for MS-DOS (ouch!), and the last thing I did was learn how to sculpt in ZBrush. This is my first time with Blender, however, and the first time I’m trying to develop my skills to a more serious level.

2 Likes

Very nice and very inspiring! Looking forward to doing some more complex shapes like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really nice job, especially on the guardian section. The details are really fun and adding the look of individual stones really adds to the illusion of a more complex object. Beautiful!

Privacy & Terms