Mars Marine - Calculate Direction

Hi, everybody. This is my first post here and I hope I can get some help. I’m pretty sure I’m in the right spot.

I have a newer build of UE4 (4.2.3) rather than the 4.20 in the video, and that may be the cause of the issue I’m running into.

In the Mars Marine blueprint course, the video entitled “Blendspaces” the video shows a function named Calculate Direction. I have the same function in my program, but it doesn’t look the same. There are no Execute pins.

I collapsed to a macro and created the input and output execute pins, as well as tied in the other value pins from macro input to my Calculate Direction function, and from that connected my return value to my macro output.

So, I guess I have 2 questions…

1. Did I go through all this for nothing and I completely missed where the correct Calculate Direction function is?

2. If my rambling made sense, does it seem like it would work in lieu of the function shown in the video?

This is a photo of what’s in the video:

MM_anim_function

This is what I have in my Event Graph:

MM_my_anim_function

This is the inside of the macro I created:

Finally, this is what my macro looks like on my Event Graph:

MM_Modified_function

I’m incredibly new to this. I’m hoping my work-around makes sense. I just want to know if it’ll work. Thanks for your time and any assistance you can provide!

I don’t do support for this course nor have I watched its content. With that said you don’t have the execution pin connected for your macro. Inputs should be connected to Outputs.

1 Like

You wouldn’t even need to wrap it in a macro. The newer version of UE turned that node into what’s known as a “pure” function node, it should still function the same as the previous node so long as you keep the execution pins for “Movement Speed” and “Movement Direction” connected.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms