Marine Themed King

The final piece of the set,
An arcane sea goddess to command the legions of marine abominations!

Queen Progress SS.5

14 Likes

Damn that’s out there, man! Awesome. Is this based on something, or did you make it up? Looks great in black. How will you do it for the white side?

2 Likes

Thanks! This my own original design, and for the white side it’s mostly the same as the first image with the same sickly yellow teeth.

2 Likes

Cool character. Feel like it is a waste to spent it on a mere chess set :smile:

1 Like

This gives me the chills wow. Amazing design. @dmfrodol is right, it seems like a waste to use it for a mere chess set. Maybe in the future you could take this design and use it on an actual aquatic scene. This guy could be the boss fight. Entire oceans would bow in fear before him!

1 Like

Hammerhead Sharktopus! Great made up creature.

2 Likes

@dmfrodol @Alexandra_Ispas

Thank you! The sea goddess along with all of the other creatures featured in this chess set will hopefully be making more appearances in a future game.

This project served as a proof of concept to solidify and experiment with each of their designs ahead of time, and has been very successful in that regard!

2 Likes

I got an idea. Wouldn’t it be cool if the king and queen themselves played with the chess pieces that look just like them? You already have the meshes so that would be pretty simple work I guess, and it would make for an interesting story to tell. I can almost picture it, and in my head it feels epic.

1 Like

Actually the game these creature designs where intended for will feature the king as a sort of boss. The others are meant to be hostile unit types.

The final product will have various changes and higher poly models, but until then these models will be our place holders.

3 Likes

Awesome! The upper part resembles the fire spirit from Shaman King :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms