Making a character-Journey

First try at making a character. It’s not done yet but i’m pretty proud of myself for this first stage of making it :slight_smile:

29 Likes

This is really good for a first attempt!

Did you use sculpting, or block modelling? It is hard to tell with the numbers of vertices there are, heh. I would like to see more attempts by you, and see how your art style develops with your modelling style.

1 Like

@McFuzz Thanks, and i used block building and then some sculpting to make the hair and the nose :),I surely want to make a lot more, i have been working on some alien heads too in order to get comfortable with the sculpting

5 Likes

Today i took another try at making a character, this time i let it look more low poly than the other :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I can already see big improvements! You should definitely keep this up~ And remember to keep us updated!

1 Like

thats brill Em!

Looks like youve went for a definite style there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@McFuzz the first one i made on monday, just two days between them :slight_smile: But i’ll be sure to post updates as i make others, maybe i’ll even start a topic with my alien heads :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@OboShape Thanks :slight_smile:

I made another one =D this one i started from the body shape i used for the last one and i decided once again to keep it in the low poly area as it seems to give it an interesting look. This time i tried to add some cartoony eyelashes too but kept the eyes from the previous one. For the dress pattern i just went on and made a lot of cuts on the dress and then selected the faces and assigned colors. Probably a few more tweaks can be made here and there but overall i’m pretty proud :slight_smile:

10 Likes

And so you should be! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow this is really really good! I can imagine her in a Pixar movie

2 Likes

@rszarka thank you =D she has some sort of vibe :slight_smile:

Today i decided to take a bit of another direction for my characters when it came to clothing so i tried to give them Romanian traditional clothing, as i’m Romanian. I’m pretty happy with the result and it was a bit of a challenge as i did two characters at a time and not just one, but it was fun nontheless =D

10 Likes

Amazing! I need bought the Blender course :grin:

2 Likes

@Irving_Viveros thanks :slight_smile: and the Blender course is awesome, when you pick up the essentials you can go on and make what you want =D That’s what i did, I took simple processes that i learned and built my own characters :slight_smile:

1 Like

After two weeks of not working on another character, yesterday i tried a bit something else and i’m happy with how it turned out xD. This time i went a bit to my style of drawing to try and make it 3D as some friends suggested :slight_smile: The hair is not quite as similar with the drawing i used but it still works.

7 Likes

Today i started working on a new character xD

4 Likes

I love the style of these characters this is really great work Mihaela, wish i had the artistic feel to make characters like this …amazing, love it !

2 Likes

@rszarka Thank you :slight_smile:

Today i tried a bit to start making a mermaid body too :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Privacy & Terms