Made the coffee table from the corner of my longue room

I decided that I need some more practice with Blender before I continued the course since I only started it last Tuesday, so I decided to make the coffee table that my TV sits on. Next up I might actually make the TV and incense burner I have sitting on it.

4 Likes

Just made a mock up of the TV that sits on the table with a little artistic license so I could get used to how different materials work on different objects and to practice with the bevel tool a little more.

2 Likes

I ended up making the incense holder and a soda can too.

The incense holder took me about 15 minutes of the soda can about an hour. I made the tab on the soda can green for contrast reasons.

4 Likes

Great! You really got the shapes down. One thing that helps when modeling some furniture is to bevel the edges, even if just a touch, because in real life there is never such razor sharp edges! In think it’s Ctrl-B to use the bevel tool.

Anyway nice work!

Thanks for the input!

I was a little concerned about over using the bevel tool because I’ve only just started the chess stuff and Michael has instilled the importance of low polygons on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Even so, before the last week of June I didn’t even know how to move the cube around Blender, let alone rotate around it so I’m pleased with my progress and more than happy for feedback! :slight_smile:

Facebook is a bit more responsive than here but I’m currently banned from there for the time being… I’ll have that worked out in a month at most.

Your feedback regardless is greatly appreciated!

Privacy & Terms