Low Poly (D&D-5e) Character - Malta the Golden Gladiatrix

Hum…

Why not completing the corset like this?

2 Likes

I’m modeling it after the Doctore’s Harness from Final Fantasy 14. It can certainly take a blow, but you better guard your center.

2 Likes

The oh so important hand topology. Mine’s not the prettiest, but it should work for animation. I just need to shape it a bit more.

1 Like

It kinda completes the corset the way I pictured, except the hole below the breasts.

This reference armor looks really nice, but i see you tried something different.

The topology of the hands I think it’s really fine. Like you said, just need to shape the fingers a little better.

1 Like

I think I got the fingers to look better; certainly less spindly.

Did a little work on the feet as well. Gave them a similar topological treatment. Toes look a bit thin, but I think it’ll look better when I add claws.

Claws, a scimitar, some armor tweeking & more work on the face. She has eyelids now.

It nice to move past the rough stages of a humanoid model. This is the best I’ve done so far in my attempts. Might have to figure out a good way to handle high-poly armor at this rate. Though I admit I do like the low-poly look.

1 Like

Hands looking much better now!
Feet still strange not sure what though… Even with the nails.

Head is really good!
Are the ears a separate object?

The hand’s shape does still need some work around the knuckles & possibly a shortening of the fingers. Feet definitely need work, very hard to approach though.

Yeah the ears are separate. The helmet does a lot to hide that seam.

Feet still look odd, but better now; I got better references. Working with non-human anatomy is hard.

2 Likes

I think you should leave the feet until the real ankle unarmored

1 Like

So no Sabatons? I was gonna say “that leaves a lot exposed” :thinking:, but, then again, she has no gambeson under the armor or breastplate so… why not! :+1:

1 Like

Think it gives a better sense of her feet.

Maybe a smaller piece that doesn’t really connect to the piece above it, if you want.

Search for “Werewolf Armor” on Google, there are many concepts that uses this smaller piece idea.

1 Like

Added some embellishment. I considered using particle systems to make the feathers; it would look better for sure, but that is processor heavy as hell & the subsurface scattering is taxing enough. Might try a texture at some point.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms