Looking to buy a new pc

Hey so I’m looking to buy myself a new pc for game dev as I want to make this my career path. Any idea on what brand or model I should get? I was looking a Alienware.

Hi Richard,
If you are looking at a new PC desktop I would highly recommend that you build your own rig. I’ve done it along with many others and it is a very rewarding thing, also it will save you a significant amount of money. However if the idea of constructing your own doesn’t seem appealing I would recommend to stay away from Alienware just because most alienware products are very overpriced for the actual power your’e getting. I personally don’t have any strong recommendations for brands, but I would definitely research a bit about computer hardware if you don’t already have a firm basis, and keep looking around if you still don’t want to build your own.

I have had someone show me how to build a rig before but I really want to keep it simple and go for something that has been all ready made for me.

It’s definitely reasonable to want to forego all that work, but I still would recommend you look beyond alienware. You are just going to be paying for the brand with their products, and not for the actual machine you’ll be getting.

ya I plan on looking around and seeing what I can get for a good price.

Privacy & Terms