Link physics data

Hi,

I was wondering if it’s possible to link physics data in the same way as you’d, for instance, link material data?

Specifically, imagine that you set up the physics for a single bowling pin. Is there a way to select all of them (with the properly configured pin as the active one) and then have all of them copy the physics settings of the active pin? Or is there no better way than selecting each pin individually, each time for instance adding a rigidbody and setting a weight? The idea is that physics get added to an existing scene; so, I don’t want to remove all-but-one duplicate, set that one right and then duplicate and re-position them all over again.

1 Like

So basically usual selection with the active last selected with the rigid bodies on it, then Object menu, Rigid Body, Copy from active.

However this seems specific and not to all Physics possibilities, though at least the one you asked about.

1 Like

Thanks! I should have had a quick look online first, I’d probably have found that same solution as well :sweat_smile:

Just to confirm, it indeed works with a batch of objects as well. The stackexchange example just copies from one object to another, but the same works when selecting, for instance, 10 bowling pins (same as how other object data can get linked).

A very very quick search seems to tell me that it’s indeed only for rigidbodies that there’s such a solution, not for other physics modifiers. I’m seeing a mention of “Copy attributes” which seems to be an addon that may (?) be useful for such operations … I’ll check it out if/when I have a need for it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms