Lighting is wrong on the sides of my walls

You can see in the attached photo that the lighting on the edges are wrong. There shouldn’t be lighting there, so how can I fix it?

Also I had to change the renderer to eevee instead of cycles because it took way too long to render over 4000 samples. Is that because I have a poor GPU?

1 Like

It is an Eevee issue light bleed. Ticking contact shadows usually fixes it.

4000 samples is a lot! Without some good reason.

The default render setting on a new file is 128. With denoising, it’s usually good, at least a baseline to consider if you want more.

Yes in the end we are all limited by the GPU power. However, Cycles is a proper renderer and will take time. Eevee makes lots of compromises with most stuff turned off merely for speed like a game engine live updating.

2 Likes

If you want to give cycles another go, try clicking the hamburger menu next to render under render_properties>sampling, then setting it to preview.

@NP5
Newer versions of Blender have it set to 4096 samples by default, but it only samples sections over a specified noise threshold.

1 Like

That is odd I suspect then my version uses the previous settings as I click that option whenever I upgrade for ease.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms