Liberate (Defender project)

This is my work for the Defender section.

Fairly early game:

Mid game miniboss and upgrade modules:

This took me much much longer than I planned. And I’m still not satisfied with the graphics, but I did achieve a lot of things I set out to:

• Different player weapons and weapon upgrades
  • Player health and display
  • Homing enemy missiles
  • Curved paths (inspired by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF04Fi9OCPc)
  • Miniboss and Boss
  • Level sections consists of one or more waves and give some breathing time in between. The general gameplay is inspired by old C64 classics like Katakis, R-Type and Delta.

As an experiment I added a Continue option. I guess that most people who will play this game, are people exploring it’s features. And not people trying it to master it. So an arcade style “Continue” option seemed like a better solution than just adding a bunch of lives. My continue option does have a cost in terms of score, so you cannot continue indefinately.

Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

All that matters is you achieved what you set yourself out to do! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Well done, I like the theme is pretty unique compared to some of the other projects I have seen so far.

2 Likes

Your game is amazing. In my opinion, this is the most unique and unusual project of this module.

Graphics, effects, gameplay are nice. Very good!
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

:blush: That is really nice of you, thanks :relaxed:

Saw your post on lecture 107 and was wondering what came out of it. It looks and plays great!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms