Lesson 14 Challeneg - Watch Tower

Alright, I added many elements to the scene using primitives, and object manipulations.

Added the Wooden Fence, the Tents a small campfire, bushes and trees. Also a rocky hill on the background. This is a snip of my Camera View.

I still am having trouble with the lights. There are three point lights in the scne but it is very dark.

I think some elements and their names changed form the time of the class in blender 2.8 but Ia m trying different settings. Following Eevee and Cycles Renders.

And Cycles

Overall Ia m happy with how this is progressing and moving forward to section 2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe try to up the strength of the other 2 lights, since the campfire looks quite good, or create an emissive “moon”.

2 Likes

Yes I think in the videos it was Energy that changed to Strength expressed in Watts right?

I think I will recreate the lights these are there since the lesson on Lights, the campfire light I added later with this challenge.

Also I noticed that materials have that Plastic look to them, I suppose we will revisit materials more in depth later on.

Thank you!

I think that the light properties change from render engine to render engine. Cycles uses strength, a pure number, while eevee uses power, measured in watts

Privacy & Terms