Legend Of Blocks

https://sharemygame.com/@richardm26/the-legend-of-blocks
wow Im a little nervous to share my little game after seeing what some people have created here! Im playing through these games and theyre so much fun! even still, I want to share what I created, Legend of Block. I love the Legend of Zelda series, and through I could bring some of it in through my little game!

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

I think you did a great job incorporating the Zelda theme into a block-breaker. The original room layouts work well as a background for this type of game, and your detailed block models look awesome. I would have loved original sound fx and music, but I get why you wouldn’t include those.

However, there is room for improvement with gameplay. The biggest issue I had was the unreliable physics of the ball; it always seemed to vary wildly in speed and easily get stuck in endless loops. As much as I enjoyed them visually, your block models became so large and complex that for me they bogged down the gameplay. When my game ended on level 3, I used the scene selection to view and appreciate the levels but I didn’t want to actually play through them.

I’m certainly not going to recommend getting rid of the most visually appealing part of your game, but maybe a compromise would be to make all of the blocks single-hit kills. The size and complexity of your models would still provide a challenge and chance for failure.

First of all, congrats on your game! It is a brilliant idea to build in a theme of something you like and the design is a good one.
I have to agree with David, the gameplay can be improved, especially the movement of the ball which is not smooth and quite often slows down too much.
While completing the game, there is no “quit” or “play” again button, or at least I didn’t see one.
Other than that, I think this is a wonderful start and after being improved a highly enjoyable game.
Congrats on it!

Hey there David, thank you for the advice, I wanted to say I have republished the game, and have a new topic that include the updates I’ve added since, I’m hoping you’ll check it out and let me know what you think of the improvements!

Hey Patricia, thank you for the advice! I have republished the game, and have a new topic that include the updates I’ve added since, I’m hoping you’ll check it out and let me know what you think of the improvements!

Privacy & Terms