Intro Sam

• 32 new quiz questions, all quizzes now have min 5 questions
  • GameBucket.io problems, use https://itch.io instead
  • For other content click Voting above
  • Consider upping your review rating
  • Thanks for being our students.

Ben & Sam

8 Likes

Looking forward to the new Unity content! Keep up the great work, guys.

1 Like

Hey, just a quick suggestion, I do not know if you will take it or not, but I personally think it would be AWESOME! Is if you do have to make an actual place to host the games, what about doing a maybe a series or a mini series on it! I think a lot of people would find it interesting and would love to always learn more. Maybe some food for thought? Please let me or us know what you think! Thank you!

3 Likes

I think you could use Heroku to do that, if you don’t want to host on sites like itch.io. They offer completely free hosting now for one webapp per person, and if you publish in WebGL it will run in any web browser.

Does google chrome support Unity games now?

1 Like

Support was removed from Chrome for NPAPI, which in turn was relied upon by the old Unity Web Player. Unity 5 introduced WebGL as a build option. According to the documentation games built using this should run in most browsers.

Specifically for Chrome, version 43 upwards should work I believe. Be sure to check the documentation though, as there are some settings that may need to be changed in order to run games on your local machine in this way if you just browse to the index.html file created… if you use Build and Run… is shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Just finished laser defender and was trying to share it on gamebucket, then some helpful chap told me about this update, which I missed :frowning:
Love the course so far, going to share my laser defender game shortly then move on.
Cheers

1 Like

Good old helpful chaps!

Ben has just posted to say that GameBucket.io should now work for new games again, but older ones may need to be uploaded again. You have more choices now :slight_smile:

I will look forward to seeing you share your game and playing it, pop it in the Showcase sub-forum when ready! Exciting stuff :slight_smile:

It’s there now, ready and waiting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great @Stephen_Watson, pop a link up in the Showcase sub-forum and I will check it out :slight_smile:

I have @Rob The post is called Intergalactic Aid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

BOOM! Great, I will check it out later… sorry, I did see that name, I remember the name, hadn’t put the two together and haven’t had time yet to catch up on the Showcase sub-forum! Will see if I can have a few goes later this evening - looking forward to seeing it :slight_smile:

Some more Unity content would be great!
There are a ton of new Unity features like Multi-scene that you can take advantage of…

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms