Knightly arming sword

So I’ve just finished texturing a medieval sword.

993 vertices - Knightly arming sword (75.5 cm length blade)

6 Likes

Weapons are always my number 1 prop to model, and swords are at the top of my weapons list. This is looking very nice indeed. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice work Mark. :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already, consider registering (for free) on Sketchfab, you can upload your models and each is given a unique URL, if you then paste the URL into your posts here, the 3D viewer will be embedded which allows us to enjoy your model in all of its 3D glory (pan/zoom etc).

Just a thought and again, nice work :slight_smile:

See also;

1 Like

Very nice one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys :slight_smile: And yes, Rob, I have a sketchfab account. I’ll upload it and post the link here. That’s a good idea!

3 Likes

Oh thanks for doing this Mark, as it’s definitely an even better view. It shows it off very nicely.

2 Likes

It’s free to download as an fbx too if you fancy :slight_smile: I’m not sure if it will include the height map though. I should try it and see. You can only have a bump or normal but not both in sketchfab but hey ho, it’s good for what it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Mark. Any chance you could post a screenshot of your Node Editor so I can see how you setup the textures?

Oh, and you’re correct, there was only a Normal map. No Bump map was included, but I got the Metallic, Color and Roughness maps.

2 Likes

This is so much fun to play with Mark in the 3D view, thanks for sharing that, I always enjoy zooming in and out of people’s models, really brings them to life :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, Yea I could really get into it myself.

As for the nodes, it’s basically just a Principled Shader with image textures plugged in from a Texture coordinate node based on the UV map. It’s nothing procedural about it unfortunately. I made the textures in substance painter.
(Colour, Metalness, Roughness, Height and Normal maps)

1 Like

Aha, OK, I’ll check that out.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms