Knight - A very tough challenge

I think this is the first challenge that made me really think multiple steps ahead of what was actually done in blender. I had to really consider how I was going to end up with the final shape especially with the head. I think in the end I got there and the final product looks good (the only part I’m not 100% happy with and not sure how to make better is the top of the head) and I like the segmented mane from the reference I chose it adds to the low poly look of it IMO. Let me know what you all think!

5 Likes

Great design. And yes, this knight is the next level of Blender difficulty. Plan ahead, is a good step in the design process. But as your knowledge grows, you will see that Blender allows you to choose different ways to model something like a knight. As it depends on the ideas and vision you have and the planned process steps to make it true.

One observation is the missing ears.

2 Likes

You got a good looking result with that mane.

1 Like

Awesome job. Don’t be mad at the top. I think if you had a light shining on the top a little bit, just to reduce the shadow a bit, you’d be happier. With that shadow it draws your attention to it. Honestly, though, it looks fine the way it is.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms