Jumpy behavior on flat landscape

It was mentioned time and time again throughout different lectures that it will be solved and explained but it never happens. I really want to know what’s causing it and how to solve it without masking the issue by making noisy landscape.

1 Like

From my understanding (I could be somewhat off here), it occurs because each component in a landscape is its own object in the engine’s eyes. Because locations are stored as floating-point numbers, which are inherently inaccurate in binary, each component may be at a very (and I’m talking very) slightly different height than the last, and when a corner comes into contact with a component of a higher height, it has nowhere to go, causing the jump.

I’m probably not as much help for the solution, however. People on the forum have mentioned changing the track collisions to horizontal capsules has worked well, and there unfortunately still isn’t an official suspension system out from the team. I agree, it really should be taken care of soon.

1 Like

I changed the landscape floor to be one huge giant flat box and it corrected all the issues with the jumpy behaviour. I think Carson is right.

Privacy & Terms