It's all too much

I’ve been trying to get my model right but it’s an up-hill battle lol xxx jess

4 Likes

Look forward to see how it ends up

2 Likes

She has a light in her navel! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Handy at night.

2 Likes

I started this 3D course because I make comics, and, I thought rather than draw 2D pics over and over I would be able to make 3D character, (and enviroments) /model in blender - then use this model in different positions and take ‘snap shots’ for my comic book pics. I’m addicted to 3D modelling - it’s just so wonderful how you can create in blender. But what I didn’t know, was, how long it takes to make a 3D character or enviroment. lol xxx jess. here is a still from my comic -

1 Like

yes, I thought a glowing crystal would look nice and work like a handy torch lol xxx jess

Should absolutely be doable but yes you have a lot to learn first. But once you have a character and can use it via the animation bones after that it should speed the process up a lot.

1 Like

Yeah if you have a recurring character 3d will definitely be faster then drawing, 3d is more front end work while once its done it can be reused. So once you get the hang of it speed will follow

2 Likes

Yes, I hope I get better and faster, but your right - once you’ve made the model it will be much quicker, thanks xxx jess

yes, that’s what I thought, but it does take so much time to make the model, but, I suppose once I’ve got a male and a female base mesh, it will just take a little bit of tinkering plus different clothes to make new characters. Here is a cover I made for my comic book xxx jess

1 Like

2 Likes

The cool thing is you only have to make it once and then maybe do a whole bunch of clothes and accessories for those models like you said,…or you could use grease pencil.

1 Like

I know grease pencil is a useful tool, but I have not seen a good tutorial that explains how to use it. i’m sure i’ll use it soon lol xxx jess
I took the front cover of my comic book and loaded it on vistaprint.com - and - i used the pic as a t-shirt design, i’ve ordered one - it was around £16- including delivery, chuffed xxx jess

Privacy & Terms