Issues uploading WebGL (no .wasm files)

Hi. i’m having troubles uploading my webGL version :frowning:

here’s the files in the folder i’m trying to upload

I did have some issues from unity at first, which meant i had to take out the WebGL1.0 in the graphics API’s,…

!
!

and i have disabled the compression format.

i’m using unity 2020 (initially 2020.2.4, and I’ve tried rolling back to 2020.1).

I’ve tried to open the index.html file and i just get a loading screen

Anyone got any bright ideas? :smiley: or at least having similar issues?

Hi,

Do you have any script blockers installed in your browser?

Please follow Rob’s instruction in this thread. Maybe there is a helpful error message in your browser console.

Also test your game in another browser.

i’m not sure the issue is in my code as such (which seems to be what Robs thread is about), as i’m not able to upload in the first place.
Correct me if i’m wrong but the thread seems to be for when your game crashes/errors doing playing it, rather then not being able to upload it at all.
I’ve tried uploading in safari and in firefox now.

Actually, the browser console can provide helpful information for both cases. Rob might have tried to help with a specific problem but that does not mean that his approach could not be used for other problems as well.

When we encounter a problem, the first step is to gather as much information about it as possible. That’s the fastest way to find a solution, especially when we are then able to phrase our problem in a way which increases the chance to find a solution online. The vaguer a problem is, the more we have to guess.

Once your game runs locally, you know that the problem is very likely not your build.

well while i didn’t figure out exactly what was wrong, i did narrow it down to corruption in the unity files for that project.
As shown in my images, i wasn’t getting .wasm files being generated, which was an issue local only to that project file.
transferred assets to a new project and that side of things cleared up.

I then had to spend time fixing some graphic glitches from the lighting.

So if anyone comes across this thread in the future. If you’re not getting .wasm files in your builds, your unity files for that project are corrupt (mine came from a crash i had when Generating lighting).

Good job, and thanks a lot for sharing your solution! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms