Issue with cursor and missing remesh button

Hi, I have encountered two issues while trying to follow along with the course. First is that I don’t have the remesh option in upper right hand corner and I cant figure out where it has been moved to. The second issue I have is that my cursor doesn’t change to the yellow double circle one that changes direction based on the normals of the object you are working on. My cursor stays as a green circle that does not change direction at all.

If anyone has any insight on how to change the cursor, or where to find the remesh option that would be greatly appreciated. As a reference ill include a screenshot from the course video.

1 Like

Did you also change other options??

Lots of people will change the UI of Blender. Because they can.
But then you forget what and how and starting to see differences in behavior.

It is an early 2.8 version of Blender. It is not much but yours is earlier than the one in the course. Remesh may not have been sorted out for the earlier version? There is a remesh dropdown in my 2.92 in the N panel below dyntopo, but not showing in yours.

Personally, I would start by getting a later version of Blender, sculpting got a lot of attention around and after 2.8 came out.

1 Like

Yes, you’re correct. using version 2.80 while video 2.83.
LTS version 2.93 is now the latest.

1 Like

I feel stupid. Updating to the latest version did solve the issues. Thank you for the replies guys!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms