Is this model issue only for the paladin model used in the lecture?

I tried redownloading the model I am using, the Knight, from mixamo to follow along but, the rig shows the same hip structure as it did before. It does not show the mixamo prefix. I am wondering if perhaps this is isolated to the paladin only, since I am using the Knight instead and nothing changed in that structure.

It’s quite possible. Mixamo sometimes makes changes to their rigs with no warning, but not all of them, usually to fix an issue. Virtually all Mixamo characters and animations can be converted to Humanoids, and used with other companies animations, but sometimes there will be some quirk in the rigging when you convert to Humanoid that will mess things up. Generally, it’s best to download the animation you’re going to use with the character you’re going to use selected in the Mixamo window. It should always have the correct Avatar/bones applied for the animation.

Thanks. I think you can upload your current mode if the one in mixamo has changed and then it will retarget that one to work.

Yes, that is correct, though often it’s rejected for being too complex.
If you’re uploading a synty model, go to the synty site and get their “blank” models and upload THOSE, then follow their instructions for fixing a mismatch between Mixamo’s rigging and the synty rigging.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms