Is the saved timeline a hidden unity file?

ARGON ASSAULT - 113
I finished my player master timeline… I found a couple of errors wrong with it… but I am unable to relocate it. I click on the masterTimeline (player Rig & player itself) game object and it just gives me the create button. When I hit play my ship follows the masterTimeline that I created. Where did my saved timeline go? I restarted the whole process 3xs and it keeps happening.

NOTE: When I click on the Player Camera (PlayerRig/Player) It DISPLAYS the same thing. In the picture I am clicking in the Hierarchy

Unity Course Post

Hi,

I’ve just opened Argon Assault in Unity 2019.3, and clicking on the same game object as you opened the timeline in the Timeline window.

Since it does not seem to work in your case, click on the “Master Timeline” in the Playable field. Then select the highlighted “Master Timeline” asset in your Assets folder.

Did this work? If not, please update Unity because your version is fairly old. It might be that you are experiencing a bug.

Version Updated:
2019.3.0f5
UpdatedVersion

I figured out how to get the timeline to show up again, but I am not able to edit the animation.It did not show up for me when I did it your way… which is very frustrating. (NOTE: I double clicked the MasterTimeline under the Timeline Folder)

I am also getting an error. The instance of the object should be Player Camera, right? on the timeline it has that connected to the animation that I am trying to edit.
BugPic3

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.EditorWindow.RefreshStylesAfterExternalEvent () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorWindow.cs:1064)
UnityEditor.AnimationMode.StartAnimationRecording () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Animation/AnimationMode.bindings.cs:125)
UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState.set_recording (System.Boolean value) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/State/WindowState.cs:215)
UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState.ArmForRecord (UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset track) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/State/WindowState.cs:868)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineTrackGUI.DrawRecordButton (UnityEngine.Rect rect, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/treeview/TimelineTrackGUI.cs:664)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineTrackGUI.DrawTrackHeader (UnityEngine.Rect trackHeaderRect, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/treeview/TimelineTrackGUI.cs:482)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineTrackGUI.Draw (UnityEngine.Rect headerRect, UnityEngine.Rect contentRect, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/treeview/TimelineTrackGUI.cs:322)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineTreeView.OnRowGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rowRect, UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Boolean selected, System.Boolean focused) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/treeview/TimelineTreeView.cs:185)
UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:505)
UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:703)
UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:606)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineTreeViewGUI.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/treeview/TimelineTreeViewGUI.cs:152)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.DrawTracksGUI (UnityEngine.Rect clientRect, UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineModeGUIState trackState) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_TrackGui.cs:177)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.TracksGUI (UnityEngine.Rect clientRect, UnityEditor.Timeline.WindowState state, UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineModeGUIState trackState) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_TrackGui.cs:47)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.TrackViewsGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Gui.cs:198)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.SequencerGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Gui.cs:295)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.DoLayout () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Gui.cs:156)
UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.OnGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.timeline@1.2.9/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow.cs:234)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:367)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:361)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:337)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:356)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:346)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:293)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:503)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:486)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:477)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:449)
UnityEngine.UIElements.CallbackEventHandler.HandleEventAtTargetPhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/EventHandler.cs:77)
UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Events/MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.cs:92)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:277)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEventQueue () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:238)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.OpenGate () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:203)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcherGate.Dispose () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:44)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:310)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/EventDispatcher.cs:159)
UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:255)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.bindings.cs:404)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.bindings.cs:194)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:187)

Try to double click on the track or right click on it.

I do not know to what the NullReferenceException is referring to. There does not seem to be missing anything in your screenshots. Have you already tried to double click on the message? Maybe a line in your code will get highlighted.

It just opens this window when I double click on it. I am having all the problems that I had on 2019.1

BUG2

That’s probably an internal problem in Unity. Try to restart Unity. If that did not help, close Unity and delete the Library folder inside your project folder. Restart Unity and open your scene.

If that did not help either, look for the bug on the internet. Maybe it is listed in the issue tracker.

And if you cannot find anything, if updating does not work either, report a bug to Udemy via Help > Report a bug in Unity.

It’s a unity bug… some how everything got fixed after closing, reopen, clicking on the game objects (mentioned previously) and letting it idle for while… super frustrating. :triumph: :rage: :triumph: :rage: :triumph: :rage: :skull: :poop: :skull: :poop: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: FRUSTRATING

I know how you are feeling. Maybe it helps to remind yourself that Unity is free. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Or something like that.

Get used to restarting Unity when issues occur, update Unity if necessary, and keep a version that is working as long as you can. Update only if there is a good reason.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms