Inverse of Shift+H Hide Unselected?

Making a question for a change :smiley:

What’s the inverse of Shift+H?
I know that pressing Alt+H will show everything, thing is it will show EVERYTHING!

So for example… let’s say that I have the following objects: Cube, Cone, Monkey and Sphere

Now let’s say that I have visible right now the Cube and the Monkey, while the Cone and Sphere are hidden.
Then I decide that I need to work more in the Monkey, so I press Shift+H to hide the others.
And now I have the just the Monkey visible, but before hiding I had also the Cube visible.

How do I show just the Cube back, so I have the previous state of just Monkey and Cube visible?
I don’t want to have to unhide everything just to have to hide the Cone and Sphere again…

Ofc i’m counting here 4 objects of the sake of simplicity but let’s say you have 50 objects where they are scattered in different collections where before the Shift+H you had half of them visible :slight_smile:
So you press Shift+H to work in one and once you finished you had to unhide 49 just to hide 24 again so you have the previous state before the hide. (or just unhide 24). But they are scattered in 10 collections… so you can see the picture… :tired_face:

1 Like

It is all about how you work and manage your project.
You can create groups of objects.
Place objects in collections.
And you can manipulate the visibility using the info panel, on a single object or groups.

And personally I use the ‘/’ a lot.

Or use filters …

2 Likes

Hey!

I’m “kind of” organized in the way I distribute my collections but sometimes let’s say I have a colection that has empties and curves for profiles and such… that’s the major problem here :slight_smile:

Just found out about the “Numpad /” which is called “Local View”.
Which is what I was looking for!

Looks like does not work for the vertices in Edit Mode though, it just works for hiding the other objects you’re not working on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms