Interior and Well (Duplication))

Made an imagined interior and well in blender, please give comment and suggestion! Thank you :smile:

6 Likes

Nice scenes. I will look forward to having them coloured in. In part because of the brick walls, it looks like this is a room found within the well itself :), the well room!

Your stairs, however, twirl into the bookcase. You might want to move the stairs out or move the back bookcase out of the way. Then perhaps remove some of the wall to show that the stairs are goin out somewhere.

2 Likes

Welcome to this site.

Good models.
Nice tiles properly arranged.
No one not even Mikey gets the attachment to battens right. :grin:

The room you have made a lot of things for and they will all look better with some colours!

3 Likes

Thank you for the comment and suggestion! The well room sounds interesting! I may make the wall round to correspond to the well’s shape.

As for the stairs, I was thinking about “someone will need the stairs to reach the book”. :joy: Perhaps the proportion is not proper and the imagery looks vague, may adjust that! :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment! Go on to color! :smile:

1 Like

Oh!, okay, I see. The stairs make some sense then. You could also go for a ladder, since some libraries used to have those. Some were even attached to a rail so that they would easily slide around.

2 Likes

Welcome @flowerwu.

I’ve often heard it said, imperfection is the digital perfection - a little pretentious maybe, but it illustrates a good point.

Regarding your well, it’s a fine model, but if you added a bit of jauntiness to the tiles, by making them less perfectly aligned, it might add a bit of much needed character.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the suggestion!
I looked up some library ladder references, also, adjust the look of the well room. I think it looks a lot better :smile:

8 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I understand what you mean by jauntiness. :grinning:
I made some adjustments to the tiles. It looks more varied!

6 Likes

Both good improvements.

Now stack the well on top of the room! A secret bunker/den room!

3 Likes

Playful and well coloured. It will be interesting to see once you learn about lighting. Keep this project off to the side, you will get some neat opportunities in the future.

But don’t be like me! Keep moving forward in the courses. The beginning is always exciting because the possibilities are limitless. I find that this excitement has limited my own progress :slight_smile:

Recently I looked at how many classes I was doing a day, calculated the time it would take to finish the course: between 6-12 months… Oh. Maybe I should ramp my progress up a little? :confused:

Keep up the good work and continue to have fun :+1:

3 Likes

Looking excellent, very well done - I like them both.

2 Likes

Very nice improvements. I’m especially liking the view of the Well Room. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know, you mentioned that you made some changes to the ladder, but only now had I actually “looked” at the changes. All I saw was just a ladder, now I see the rail and wheels.

Good Job!

1 Like

It took me a whole year. And I did all classes (10 chapters). But I don’t see many people doing the last SpecialFX chapter. Maybe it gone? (I did the old 2.79 courses). And some 2.8 parts to learn the new Blender UI.

For me personally, I would focus on the course to learn all the basic Blender stuff. And do some more, because blender has a wide range of topics. And a side project isn’t a problem, but then stick to the things you’ve learned already.
Also it helps to have a goal. Like game arts, animation or realism (ArchViz).

4 Likes

I can see that it would take awhile. This is a very in-depth course and only now am I beginning to appreciate the depth and effort put in by the GameDev team.

I should be able to finish before a years time because I have one advantage that many may not have: Currently I have a lot of free time on my hands, so my courses are my job. :slight_smile:

Chapter ten has something to do with procedural generation, after the furry heads chapter. If that is not it, maybe it ended up in one of the other two courses?

2 Likes

No I think those 2.7 lectures were not updated, but you can still watch them in the 2.7 archived course.

2 Likes

Thank you! :smile:
Yes! I will be doing that with the lighting course practice!

Thank you! :smile:

I am excited about the next courses! I think how long you spend on the course is not the point, as long as you complete the course, you would be good enough. Sometimes I worried about the motivation and the excitement if I did something too fast. I took my time with the course and simultaneously enjoy the moment of doing it. Don’t be too worried about the speed :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :star_struck:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms