Input.GetAxis not showing up when typing into my script

Hello Community,

I hope you’re all well. I’m currently facing an issue in my Unity project where I’m not seeing the Input.GetAxis option when trying to type it in my script. I’m reaching out to seek your assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this problem.

Problem Description:

I’m working on a Unity project where I’m trying to implement sprite movement using the Input.GetAxis method. However, when I type in Input., I don’t see the option for GetAxis in the IntelliSense suggestions.

What I’ve checked:

1. Ensured that the correct using directive is at the top of my script: using UnityEngine;

2. Verified that there are no typing errors or misspellings in my script.

3. Restarted Unity and my code editor (Visual Studio Code) to refresh IntelliSense.

4. Verified that my script is within the “Assets” folder of my Unity project.

5. Confirmed that my Unity version is up to date (Unity [Your Version]).

6. Checked the Unity project’s folder structure to see if the .vs folder exists (it doesn’t in my case).

I’m seeking the community’s help to troubleshoot this issue. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has suggestions on how to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Unity Version: 2021.1.24f1
Code Editor: Visual Studio Code (with C# extension)
using Directives in Script: using UnityEngine;

Hi @salad_fingers2023 ,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Have you already seen this thread?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms